SUBMIT A FILM!
Eureka Springs Indie Film Fest is interested in advancing the careers of women writers, directors, producers, cinematographers, editors and composers.
That’s why we have a special award for “Innovative Women in Film”.
Sundance unveiled a landmark study called “Exploring the Barriers and Opportunities of Independent Women Filmmakers”.
· Here are the findings:
· – 29.8% of filmmakers (directors, writers, producers, cinematographers and editors) were female.
· – Women are more likely to be producers, and as the roles become more high profile and money becomes a factor, the number of women goes down.
So women are more likely to be associate producers than producers.
· – Women support women. Films directed by women feature more women in all roles. There is a 21% increase in women working on a narrative film
when there is a female director and a 24% of women working on documentaries.
· – Females direct more documentaries than narrative films – 34.5% vs 16.9%.
· – 23.9% of the films in this study were directed by women. Note: Women made up only 4.4% of directors in the top 100 box office films each year from 2002 to 2012.
“Storytelling is what makes us human, it is our common currency.” – Susan Sarandon